PR pros are not easily scared, but these horrifying acts are sure to raise the hair on the neck of even the toughest PR cookie. (Cue scary music from the shower scene in “Psycho.”) We wouldn’t wish these PR nightmares on our worst enemy.
1. You mail merge a pitch to the wrong media list.
2. Your big placement is canned due to a huge breaking news.
3. A press release is issued with the CEO’s name misspelled and all the URLs are dead.
4. You wake to find a cover story featuring all your competitors.
5. Crisis, crisis, crisis and no prepared plan of attack.