Most pros measure PR but aren’t thrilled about it: survey

Manpower, tools, and time remain roadblocks, prompting a resounding ‘meh,’ about just how well their metrics are succeeding, a Ragan/NASDAQ OMX Corporate Solutions poll reveals.

Ragan Insider Premium Content
Ragan Insider Content

Most respondents—79 percent—say they measure PR; the remaining 21 percent don’t. However, only about 6 percent of respondents rated themselves “very satisfied” with their measurement, and 18 percent said they are “satisfied.”

Discontent about measurement—and what to measure—are among the issues that emerged in a poll of 1,467 PR professionals.

The survey, which resulted in a free white paper, also sheds light on roadblocks to measurement; it reveals that most measurement is done in-house, and that only 25 percent are confident in their understanding of return on investment.

On the question of satisfaction, the largest group—47 percent—rated themselves a tepid “somewhat satisfied.” Twenty percent of respondents are “somewhat unsatisfied,” while 10 percent aren’t satisfied at all.

Miguel Verduzco Rodriguez, CEO of Tangerine Soul PR in Mexico City, says he is only “somewhat unsatisfied” with how his organization measures PR.

To read the full story, log in.
Become a Ragan Insider member to read this article and all other archived content.
Sign up today

Already a member? Log in here.
Learn more about Ragan Insider.