The dialogue, foreshadowing and pacing make the show a writer’s dream. The ’80s references, the soundtrack and the atmosphere make it pure fun.
Here are a few of my favorite quotations from characters in the series:
1. “Mornings are for coffee and contemplation.”
Chief of police Jim Hopper
2. “We never would’ve upset you if we knew you had superpowers.”
12-year-old Dustin Henderson
3. Dustin: “You’re going to take out the demigorgon with a slingshot?”
Lucas: “First of all, it’s a wrist-rocket.”
Dustin Henderson and 12-year-old Lucas Sinclair
4. “Science is neat, but I’m afraid it’s not very forgiving.”
Science teacher Scott Clarke.
5. Dustin: “Why do we even need weapons anyway? We have her.”
Lucas: “She shut one door!”
Dustin: “With her mind!”