Find the New Narrative You Need to Thrive in a New Normal.
The ongoing public health crisis has created a massive plot twist for organizations worldwide. No one can expect to emerge unscathed—and many will find their business completely transformed.
How you tell your brand’s story could make or break your reputation with stakeholders—and your future as an organization.
Top communicators know now is the time to redefine brand narratives to reflect our transformed society, re-emphasize the values we all share, and project strength and resilience. Join us at this can’t-miss virtual conference, brought to you by Ragan Communications, and master your new storytelling duties before you risk losing relevance.
At this two-day information-packed conference, you’ll get innovative strategies to ensure your content is resonating with audiences in this time of change. You’ll also get access to proprietary findings on what works -- and what doesn’t -- when it comes to engaging stakeholders. Leveraging the unique virtual conference platform, you’ll have the chance to brainstorm and network with peers facing the same challenges as you.
Register for this eye-opening virtual conference today.
Learn how to:
- Illustrate your brand’s unique purpose in a time marked by crisis and upheaval
- Think like a reporter -- find interesting and uplifting stories that exemplify the strength of your workforce and organization
- Create a social media content strategy that keeps stakeholders informed and breaks through the noise
- Gain a deeper understanding of how fear is driving employees, customers and the media and what it takes to earn their trust
- Craft videos and podcasts that provide a much-needed source of information and inspiration during the ongoing crisis
- Pivot your content marketing strategy to focus on today’s top channels. such as email
- Use consumer insights and data analysis to personalize content for audiences facing different circumstances during the pandemic
- Empower internal and external stakeholders to be part of your content creation team
- Craft stories that resonate with diverse audiences and acknowledge the varying burdens we experience
Premium takeaways include:
- Proprietary research report on post-COVID consumer behaviors
- List of content creation tools and resources
- Narrative arc templates
- Checklist for online content optimization
- Social media crisis response strategy template
Attendee opportunities include:
- More than 8 hours of training at one low price without the cost of travel
- Access to the on-demand conference for 12 months to share with your team
- Video networking opportunities on the conference platform
- Presentations and other resources from speakers, including worksheets and reports
- Opportunity to ask questions in real time
- Executive summary including takeaways and notes from selected sessions
- Proceeds from every registration go toward the CPD Covid-19 Response Fund
- Personalized Certificate of Completion
Attend two days of inspiring keynotes, expert-led how-to sessions and brainstorming sessions that will teach you how to harness the power of storytelling at a pivotal moment in history.
The far-reaching effects of the COVID-19 crisis have resulted in unprecedented disruption of many major industries, leaving many organizations faced with re-imagining themselves, starting with their brand narrative. They’re taking new approaches to engage with their existing audiences and finding new audiences for their services—and have already found success doing so.
As an organization that specializes in telling its audience where to go and what do in their city, DoStuff Media faced a major challenge when the live event, bar and restaurant industries came to a halt. Discover how they quickly pivoted and rebranded themselves as “Do Stuff [at Home]”, helping their audience stay connected to their local communities during the pandemic. You’ll hear how they increased online engagement, created moments of community that protected sentiment toward their brand, and earned praise for their efforts.
With fears heightened in the aftermath of COVID-19, it’s even more challenging—and critical--for communicators to earn the trust of audiences, from your employees to your top customers.
By tapping into neuroscience findings, you can understand what influences stakeholders and establish your brand as a credible voice in a time when rumors and emotions are at an all-time high. Elizabeth Edwards, founder of Volume PR, will provide storytelling strategies and tactics based on behavioral science laws that you can implement immediately to connect powerfully with audiences.
- Specific rules and tools from new behavioral science research that can help you create more emotionally compelling content
- How to reach stakeholders how they want to be communicated with, based on how their brains are hardwired to experience and respond to fear
- What makes a source trustworthy to the human brain—and how to add credibility to your content
- The difference between the thinking and the breathing brain—and how to take advantage of that difference
Your leaders are more than just the face of your organization—they’re a central character in its narrative. As a communicator, you’re tasked with telling the story of how they’re responding to the COVID-19 crisis. Discover how these organization leaders and their communicators used passionate storytelling to inspire audiences in a time of crisis and rally support from employees, customers and other stakeholders.
Learn how to:
- Capture the authentic voice and personality of your leaders in stories
- Help resistant executives feel comfortable sharing their experiences and being at the center of your brand stories
- Create a compelling social media presence for leaders
- Use creative story structures to illustrate the important work your executives are doing at this time
- Use story arcs to create an emotional and personal connection between leaders and audiences during a time of crisis
Social media is a critical tool for keeping stakeholders informed and engaged in the wake of COVID-19, but it’s also a heavily crowded space with no shortage of potential pitfalls. How can you stand out amid countless news articles, blog posts and videos about the effects of the crisis taking up your audience’s new feed? And how do you maintain the right tone and cadence in a time marked by tragedy and constantly breaking news?
Discover how these organizations have pivoted their strategies in response to a new social media world, and are seeing outstanding engagement with the compelling stories they’re telling on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, TikTok, Snapchat and more.
Learn how to:
- Follow a clear template to establish crisis response protocols and respond quickly to rumors or backlash
- Reinforce important information through different channels and mediums to avoid message fatigue
- Promote products and services in a respectful manner
- Find fun ways to unite your social media audiences and provide uplifting content
- Craft cost-effective social media videos that stand out in cluttered content feeds
The sheer volume of content you’re expected to create for internal and external audiences was overwhelming even before the COVID-19 crisis. Now, the demands are only greater. But you don’t need to start from scratch every time. Discover how these communicators are leveraging stakeholders and other sources to find timely and relevant content for their intranet, social media feeds and more.
You'll learn how to:
- Find subject matter experts within your organization and leverage their knowledge
- Incentivize employees to contribute stories and content on both internal and external channels
- Use social listening to find and harness customer stories that illustrate your organization mission
- Measure audience response to the content you’re pushing and optimize your strategies accordingly
Millions of blog posts, social media updates, videos and websites are published every single day—with so much content out there, sharing your message can seem daunting. Furthermore, with marketing budgets cut in the wake of COVID-19, organic search strategies have taken on a new importance. Getting timely and relevant information in front of your audience is crucial—and by understanding and employing modern SEO tactics, you can dramatically increase your search performance with minimal effort.
By the end of the session, you’ll know:
- How to craft impactful stories from SEO research by recognizing true high-potential keywords
- When, exactly, you need to publish any article by studying search trends
- The extraordinary power of regular updates and how to manage them
- How competitor SEO research can help you fill gaps in the market by building out your shadow audience
Communicators have stepped up big time during the COVID-19 pandemic, and they continue to engage audiences with content that is timely, clarifying and compassionate. Are you one of them? Has your communications taken the lead in helping your organization recover from the crisis and adjust to the new reality of work, even as you continue to cover the unrelenting impact of the coronavirus?
Communicators, this is your time. In our closing session on Day 1, longtime writer and teacher Jim Ylisela will show you how to inform, explain and inspire during this unprecedented period in our nation’s history. You’ll learn how to:
- Break your own news with stories and social, not press releases
- Provide timely and essential analysis of data and trends
- Help executives reach new heights with their thought leadership
- Inject empathy into your storytelling
- Take your audiences inside the crisis – and the recovery
Join peers from similar industries for a virtual happy hour—drinks optional. You’ll have a chance to get to know fellow attendees, recap what you learned and play some fun virtual icebreaker games.
In the wake of a global crisis, stakeholders expect brands to offer more than just a product or service—they need to have a purpose centered around serving their community in these difficult times.
Storytelling is a powerful tool to take audiences on a journey complete with heroes and great challenges. It’s a vehicle to define and share your purpose and illustrate how your organization is making a difference at this pivotal moment in history. Discover how these top organization are turning to their core purpose to guide their storytelling efforts and maintain the trust and respect of employees, customers and the media during the ongoing public health crisis, and support the fight for diversity and racial justice.
With employees working remotely and most consumers confined to their homes during this period of social distancing, email has become a top channel for brands looking to engage internal and external stakeholders. With inboxes being filled with COVID-19 related content, you need to get creative to capture attention and drive traffic to your site.
Discover how to:
- Adopt a narrative framework to keep readers engaged until the last word of your newsletter
- Craft subject lines and introductions that create excitement and boost open rates
- Understand when email is the right channel for a story
- Continuously test, measure and optimize your email content
Podcasts, videos and infographics are hotter than ever, and that means it’s never been more difficult to get yours to stand out. To break through the noise, you need to tell a captivating narrative through audio and visuals. Discover how two major organizations found the right stories, used cost-effective tools to translate them into authentic, engaging content, and carefully tracked the outcomes of their efforts.
- When a story is a good fit for a podcast—and when it’s better suited for another medium
- How to draw out a good story when interviewing subjects
- Easy editing techniques that add emotion and authenticity to your videos
- How to get your videos, podcasts and infographics in front of wider audiences online
- Data visualization tools and techniques that make it easy to create attention-grabbing infographics
- Easy tools you can use to shoot and edit content without breaking the bank
- Ways to repackage and repurpose audio and video content to get the most reach
Pro tip #1: there’s so much more to creating equitable content journeys and customer experiences for diverse audiences than translating content from one language to another. You have to translate sentiment, consider cultural pain points and dialects, look at where your demographic is in its journey with your brand, and remain exceptionally agile through it all. This session will help you look at multi-language content differently, and give you tips to be more successful in reaching diverse audiences. And while we’ll focus on Latinx/Spanish-first audiences specifically, learnings can be applied across the board.
You’ll learn how to:
- Go beyond translating words to translating stories.
- Ask the right questions to uncover what problems/pain points your brand can solve for a culturally specific audience.
- Think beyond translating a flyer or an email (that is not equity!) and look at complete customer journeys instead.
- Understand why if you can’t deliver an equitable language-specific experience, you shouldn’t be translating a marketing campaign.
- Maximize learnings to boost the quality of your multi-language communications.
Get your creative juices flowing in this fast-paced, interactive session! You’ll be matched with other attendees, “speed-dating” style, and take part in a challenging brainstorm session that will make you think outside the box. Plus, you’ll forge new friendships with industry colleagues.
Even before the COVID-19 pandemic, Nissan North America was in the midst of a business transformation. From transitioning employees to a remote workforce to supporting customers and dealers with financial options to revealing new products virtually, Travis Parman, vice president, Communications North America and Internal Communications & Global Engagement, Nissan Motor Co., will share how Nissan pivoted its communication strategy to meet an unprecedented business situation.
- COVID-19 has forced leaders to think differently and critically about how they communicate every decision to key stakeholders. Communications’ seat at the table has never been more important in helping the company navigate uncharted waters.
- The Nissan communications team struck a careful balance of internal and external corporate communications during uncertain times while pushing the team to explore more earned media storytelling opportunities.
- How reimagining the approach to executive communications has helped increase engagement despite employees being physically apart.
- How challenging the team to think differently during a critical time has increased message penetration and expanded corporate and product storytelling, including user-generated content.
Crafting great content and getting it in front of the right audiences is only the first step—to see results, you need a solid plan in place to measure and continuously optimize your storytelling efforts. During this session, you’ll learn how to accurately track the success of your stories and demonstrate their impact on business goals, using cost-effective tools and services.
You’ll learn how to:
- Zero in on the KPIs that accurately track the success of your stories
- Showcase the ROI of your programs to senior leaders to earn a bigger budget
- Use analytics to measure the impact of your content and look for areas of optimization
- Avoid vanity metrics that could waste your time and money
- Identify the right tools for your goals and budget
- Accurately measure the impact of your stories on brand sentiment
The online landscape changes every day and communicators who want to dominate social media feeds, search results and video screens need to stay two steps ahead. Discover how Lockheed Martin recently transformed their digital storytelling efforts and how they’re preparing for changes posed by the aftermath of COVID-19. You’ll learn the strategies you need to adopt today to keep audiences engaged with your brand for years to come.
Past Ragan event attendees include:
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Join us if you work in:
- Public Relations
- Content Marketing
- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
- Media Relations
- Web Content Creation
- Executive Communications
- Internal Communications
- Corporate Communications
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Employer Branding
- Digital Communications
|Ragan Insider Member Registration||$649.00|
Phone registrations and group pricing: For group orders please contact our customer service team at 800-878-5331 or email@example.com
Thank you to our current sponsors
Join us as an event sponsor and meet your target audience, showcase your products, present thought leadership, generate leads and boost your brand.
Here are a few examples of opportunities we offer:
- Speaking sessions on our main agenda
- Lightning talks on our main agenda
- Pre-conference workshop sessions
- Bonus breakfast sessions
- One-on-one meetings
- Networking passes
- Marketing collateral and on-site branding
- Ragan and PR Daily Awards sponsorship
For questions related to event registrations, please contact:
Customer Service & Sales Manager
If you’re interested in sponsoring this event, please contact:
Sales & Client Relations Manager
For information on programming and speakers please contact:
Manager of Strategic Programming
- A Ragan Virtual Conference is a live stream of our conferences. Our virtual conferences are streamed over the web at the time of the event. If you are unable to attend the virtual conference during its scheduled time an archived version will be made available to all virtual conference customers 3-7 business days after the event.
- Yes. The virtual conference login you will receive will allow for multiple users inside your organization to access the stream at the same time.
- Yes. Since it is broadcast over the web, the webcast can be accessed on both MAC and PC.
- Mac OSX 10.4 or greater
- Intel-Based Macs Only
- Windows 10
- Internet Explorer 11.0 or better
- Because a webcast is a video stream, its ability to play without interruption, is dependent on your location and the amount of bandwidth you have available to you. When bandwidth drops down, you may experience brief buffering pauses. Outside of increasing your bandwidth, there is nothing you can do but wait for buffering to catch up. The event is being recorded and the on-demand recording will be made available to you after the event has concluded.
- If you have any questions or need to register by phone, please call customer service at 800.878.5331 or 312.960.4100.